Friday, May 10, 2013

The Sound of Summer


Today is the last day of instruction for me, with a week of finals to follow! Needless to say, I'm dreaming of summer and craving a sunny heat wave. In the spirit of lemonade, hammocks, and sundresses, I've started making my first summer playlist. After all, every good party requires a soundtrack, and summer is just one long, leisurely party. You play music on road trips, as you have a barbecue, sing songs on bike rides. Often times, I hear a song from a previous playlist (I have many for many occasions–some random like an entire playlist for a fun weekend) and think of memories from that summer, or week years ago. Every time I hear this song, it takes me back to spring/summer of high school. So this summer. . .

I've got lots of bubbly tunes to compliment the (hopefully) blissful weather, featuring She & Him, Zee Avi, Mika, and Feist. All classics.

What do you have on your summer playlist? Does your taste in music change with the season? Mine certainly does. 

Photo via @sarahcarlsonetc Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm all about conversation over here, so what's on your mind?